Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Year Later

This month marks the one year anniversary that I changed my life for the better. But first you need to know why I changed my life.

I'll make this part short and sweet. I was over weight, not eating healthy and the doc said I was one step away from being a diabetic and my son called me fat. From that point on and for the first time in my life, I went on a diet. I learned how to eat properly, how to read nutrition charts and I started counting my calories. From there I added daily exercise. Started with walking but quickly switched to running.

My goal was to loose 40lbs in 5 months. I reached my goal in 4 1/2 months. Went from a 42" waist to a 34" waist. Two months after that I ran my first official half marathon.

One year later, I have kept the weight off. I have added weightlifting to my exercise regiment and I'm 5 weeks away from competing my first full marathon.

2 comments:

  1. You know this is awesome, but it bears repeating. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done very well, and soon to have a marathon under your belt! Wow, I can't even imagine running a marathon. I do have a similar story except mine began 8 years ago and was 60ish pounds in about 7 months. Couldn't have kept it off without running. Good luck next Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete